Monday, February 02, 2009

I Quit!

It's been over a year now since me and my husband made a promise. It's a promise that changed our lives. We decided to quit smoking for good. We tried quitting several times but as others would say, "it's hard to break a bad habit". And a lot of you would definitely agree on that. My husband was a smoker for 9 years. He started with 2 sticks a day and ended up smoking 2 packs a day. Imagine the lung torture. In my case, well I was an on and off smoker for 5 years. A stick after every meal, parang gamot din, 3 times a day. But unlike medicine that can heal you, cigarette slowly kills you. The key here is your will to quit. First you must want to stop smoking, only then can you quit. It's really a psychological battle. Constantly remind yourself of the negative effects of smoking in your body. Start one day at a time. Challenge yourself not to smoke for one whole day. From the time you wake up, to the time you go to bed. I can assure you it is not easy, but the struggle is definitely worth every minute.

7 comments:

Connie said...

Its good that you quit. Your son though not smoking is more at risk compare to you. Studies shows that second hand smokers doubles the risk when they inhale the smoke of the cigarettes. Good health to you and to your family!

khaye said...

thank you for that concern. god bless you and family!

M0rN1nG & N!cE said...

All the best to you Khaye and to your hubby. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog and hope to see more of you.

N1cE
http://www.nicemorning.net
http://www.mommastuff.com

SHARQUE said...

for the first line of your post, i thought you're quitting on your marriage.. hehehe.. good thing you quit SMOKING that is really bad for your health.. congrats and be strong to face that challenge.. Go! Go! ~wink~

SASSY MOM said...

Good for you and your hubby! Kelan kaya kami?

Keep it up!

Eds said...

As for me naman sa first line of your post, I thought you're quitting blogging?! lol! :) Don't!

Good thing you decided to quit.. sana pati e baldo mag quit neh.. pabasa kepa kaya ining post mu para mgquit ne rin heheh :)

Unknown said...

Hoping for your success!

And thank you for inspiring other smokers to quit too. I'll have my chain-smoker friend read your post :) she's battling over smoking - on and off for a year now.